Information for Incoming Students
Orientation For Fall 2013 will be September 22-29. Instruction begins September 30. All incoming students must attend orientation. Anyone unable to attend will have to make special arrangements to attend mandatory sessions on policies, TA training, and other essential elements of orientation.
A detailed schedule will be posted later this summer.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Students with External Fellowships
- Student Health Insurance
- You should soon receive information to help you understand the Caltech insurance plans so that you can make your choice. If you have questions or need assistance, the Caltech Benefits Office will be able to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important dates to know:
- Late June - Enrollment/Waiver Packets will be mailed to your home address
- July 8 - August 25, 2013 - Enrollment/Waiver Period. This is your only opportunity to enroll or waive.
- Student Dental Insurance
- Orientation Schedule (PDF)
- New Student Checklist
- The Honor Code
- New Graduate Student Start-Up (NGSS) Loan
- Incoming students who have submitted the loan request form in the link above, please click here to complete your loan processing. Follow the instructions provided on the website to confirm your receipt and understanding of these documents. If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate Studies Office or call 1-626-395-6346.
- Caltech Email Account Setup
- Health Form (due July 31)
- Housing Application (due April 30)
- Patent Agreement (due August 15) - available upon request
- Pre-Registration (due August 15) - available upon request
- W-4 (US Citizens and Permanent Residents only)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification -
Caltech collects information for Form I-9 electronically. If you are currently residing in the United States, Section 1 of Form I-9 should be completed prior to September 23, 2013. If you are not currently residing in the United States, you will be able to complete Section 1 of Form I-9 when you check in. (Non-US Citizens will check in during International Student Orientation and all other students will check in on Monday, September 23.) If you need to complete Section 1 on your first day, we will have a computer available. You may also consider bringing a laptop with you when you check in. The documentation required for Section 2 must be reviewed for authenticity during check-in. Examples of acceptable documents can be found on page 9 at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
Your account for the I-9 system has been created. Please note that both the login and password are case sensitive. Your password will be sent in a separate email.
- Registrar's Office
- Graduate Student Council
- Caltech Women's Club
- International Student Programs
- Caltech Center for Diversity
- Health Center
- Parking Office
- Academic Option Administrators